Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas


It's January 6th and I'm still working on getting Christmas out of my house. I enjoy putting up decorations - well, I did this year! It was a lot of fun to decorate our new house for the holiday. What I don't enjoy is taking them down. Big time bummer. I'm not sad Christmas is gone, I just don't want to do the work. So, here I sit deciding to do a blog about my decorations and presents I made for the holidays. Will not help get my decorations down faster but will make me happy.
We did not get a tree this year because we went to PA to be w/my family for Christmas. I love my photo ornaments though that date back to way before we had kids. I figured I would display them on our little shelf so I could look at them all through December - even w/o a tree.

I had fun decorating the mantel this year!!



The Cannon Ladies (3 out of 4 of us only Cannon's by marriage) get together every September to make the best salsa you've ever tasted. It makes for a great gift for the men in my family too! My brother in laws (Crandall side) enjoyed getting these for Christmas this year.

I was feeling a little crafty this year and wanted to do a few other homemade gifts. I decided on a Lemon Sugar Scrub and a Brown Sugar Vanilla Scrub for the ladies of the Crandall side (Cannon adults don't do the gift thing). These were super easy to make! I have used them myself and they work great too!   All in all it was a great season! I hope you got to do a little of what you love during it!   


No comments:

Post a Comment