Monday, September 19, 2011

Crazy Night Sleep

Last night my Ezra (3 yrs) was awake from about 3-6 a.m. I'm not sure what is up w/him but he has been having a hard time sleeping the last week. He keeps waking up w/nightmares or having "almost nightmares" -whatever that means? Last night he came to my bed saying he was sad because he wants to cuddle me. Me, being a mom to never turn down a snuggle, let him in bed and we cuddled for awhile. He was wide awake and we giggled together about how bad "daddy snores". Ezra was ready to go back to bed after about 20 minutes. I crawled back into bed and was having a hard time falling back to sleep. About 30 minutes later I was still awake and heard Ezra calling for Brian. Of course, Brian was snoring away and didn't hear him. I got back up and checked on the boy. He wanted me to chase out any nightmares and to get him more chocolate milk. (*gasp* I let him go to bed w/a drink.) I got rid of any nightmares and went downstairs for chocolate milk. I laid in bed w/the little guy for quite a while till he seemed sleepy. Again, I crawled back in bed and couldn't fall asleep. Thirty minutes later Ezra is screaming and crying in his bed. This time I was too exhausted and did the kick to wake up Bri. I sent him in to check on Ezra. He had a bad dream that Aidan kept leaving him and he was afraid Aidan was getting lost. I know "awe!" But, after almost 3 hours of lost sleep I did not think this was very sweet - I do now though! :) Brian, being the good daddy he is, stayed in the room w/Ezra for quite some time. He read him a few books and reassured him everything was okay. By the time Brian and I were both settled into bed and trying to fall back to sleep it was just before 6 a.m. Woah, what a crazy night. Reminds me of when the boys were babies  - not my most favorite time of life.
I'm getting too old for these sorta shenanigans! I was going to go raspberry picking today w/Ezra and my sister in laws. I was so blurry eyed this morning and it was rainy and cold. I bailed on raspberry picking. Instead, Ezra and I cuddled upstairs in our jammies. He watched cartoons and I was in and out of sleep. Not what I had planned but also not half bad.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment