Tuesday, September 6, 2011

School Days

School is in session for the 2011-2012 school year. I feel like the summer just zoomed passed. I have been digging in my heals and trying to stop fall from coming but it has done no good! Today both my boys started school.
I'm not gonna lie - there have been days that I wished would go faster when the boys were little and I was ready to pull out my hair. Now, that they are getting 'older' I have more and more days that I wish would slow down. The age old questions of parents everywhere... "Where has the time gone?" I know it's gone day by day in 24 hour blurs but it still seems like their childhood is rushing by me. These days I am trying to remind myself to take it all in. To enjoy the little quirks of an 8 year old boy that might otherwise drive me batty. To enjoy how Ezra talks to me through his thumb in his mouth when he's tired. I'm not saying they both don't still drive me crazy at least once a day! But I'm trying to remember to enjoy even the crazy!
Morning Checklist
So, with all that, here are a few shots of our day...
Aidan on his first day of 2nd grade
We started out w/a checklist of things to do before school this morning. It was just a fun way to get both boys moving and excited for the day. Aidan loved it and it even worked to get Ezra to wear his socks to school! He couldn't check off the "get dressed" line if his socks weren't on! Genius!
Aidan had a half day in the morning and Ezra had a half day in the afternoon which means I was running around for most of the day. It was good to keep me busy and not thinking on the fact that my kids are getting old and I am getting even OLDER! ;)
First day of preschool

Aidan coming out of the school on day 1












They both ended up having such good days! I was so proud that Aidan decided to not totally hate school today and Ezra didn't cry when I dropped him off - signs of a successful first day!
The end of the day and Ezra has made it!













No comments:

Post a Comment